Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Dana Gould: People You Should Love (#1)

I'd like to start a (hopefully) recurring segment of The Muk Report called People You Should Love. This is where I stand on my cultural bully pulpit and tell you about someone that I dig, admonishing you to do the same.

I first saw Dana Gould during the stand-up comedy boom of the late 80s / early 90s on one of the many shows that paraded out comics by the dozen every night. He definitely stuck out to me as a smart, incisive raconteur, offering candid, hilarious illustrations of his life growing up in an Irish-Catholic family outside of Boston. He was many cuts above your typical "hey, what's the deal with milk?" kind of guys.

Dana is currently co-executive producer of The Simpsons, yet still, amazingly, manages to take on other projects, including stand-up. His recent album, Funhouse, is terrific and available for download COMPLETELY FREE from his website.

Also, check out this informative Q&A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home