Monday, March 13, 2006

RESULTS: Babelfuck Mistranslation Contest (#2)

You all failed. Failed! Here are the results of the latest Babelfuck contest,

1. Here Comes Your Man, Pixies
2. Time, Pink Floyd
3. Radar Love, Golden Earring
4. Paul Revere, Beastie Boys
5. Heavy Metal Drummer, Wilco

Unfortunately, no single person got all 5. My guess is that I either made it too hard, or that "bragging rights" is damn near the shittiest prize out there. Little of both probably.

I think I'm done with the whole Babelfuck thing anyway. As a wise friend in 8th grade once said,

"It's been real and it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun."

Word.

6 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike Damone: I mean don't just walk in. You move across the room. And you don't talk to her. You use your face. You use your body. You use everything. That's what I do. I mean I just send out this vibe and I have personally found that women do respond. I mean, something happens.

Mark Ratner: Well, naturally something happens. I mean, you put the vibe out to 30 million chicks, something is gonna happen.

Mike Damone: That's the idea, Rat. That's the attitude.

Mark Ratner: The attitude?
Mike Damone: Yeah! The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Phil Morrison get the residuals from your quote?

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike Damone more or less improvised this scene. Rat just went along for the ride, as was his way.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Muk said...

Ok anonymous crew, come out of the woods already. No one is allowed to make reference to Phil Morrison without showing his/her face!

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, a hint from the Fast Times quoter...

5 minutes?! Who do you think I am: Superman?

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Muk said...

Weebs?

(Regular readers - apologies for the inside banter.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home