Thursday, October 13, 2005

Asia Dispatch Week: Chicken Tikka and Camel Clutch

Filed Thursday, 10/13/2005, 9:30 AM by Kirin Sapporo
Location: Singapore
Photo: Kirin Sapporo


Just got back from the Little India section of Singapore, and there's nothing "little" about it. I've never been to India itself, but I suspect that most of this neighborhood looks very familiar to the Indian expat population.

Had a hankering for some authentic food, so I looked for the shittiest, most out-of-the-way place I could find. In what looked like a back alleyway, I spotted a number of chairs and tables and native Indians sitting around drinking and eating, not a white person to be found. Perfect.

I ordered up some chicken tikka and samosa. Best $2 chicken tikka I've ever had. OK, probably the only $2 chicken tikka I've ever had. It was good, not great. But then I realized why there were so many people congregating there - there were a couple of TVs set up outside showing WWF Wrestlemania. They were absolutely fascinated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home