Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Asia Dispatch Week: They've Got Some Balls Over There

Filed Tuesday, 10/11/2005, 1:53 AM by Kirin Sapporo
Location: Singapore


I'm over here on the other side of the earth. Was just having lunch with my guide and the conversation went something like this,
Her: I take you to Foo Ko. All kinds of food. You know Foo Ko?

Me: Nope, I don't think we have Foo Ko in New York.

Her: Ok, we go.

(Drive to nearby mall, see restaurants)

Me: Oh, you mean FOOD COURT.

Her: Yeah, that's what I say - Foo Ko.

Of course this food court has things like a "pig entrails" stand and a fried stand with all sorts of "balls." Big on the balls here.

I'll have a day or two free to explore downtown where I can rate and rank the happy endings.

Oh wait, that's Bangkok.

They keep telling me I should go to Thailand next time. Apparently there are package deals from here for $250 for 4 days, 3 nights, 2-hour flight, boy or girl included. After the disaster in Phuket, they are really courting tourism.

Having fun here though. It's a funny place. Not quite sure what to make of it, and I get the feeling that Singapore isn't quite sure what to make of itself, either.

1 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Satorical said...

Fantastic reading so far. After I stagger in later, I'll chew up more.

--JamesonVandy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home