Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I Like Horsies, Give Me a Job

Michael Brown, under intense scrutiny and criticism, stepped down from his position as head of FEMA earlier this month. He recently testified before the House Select Committee, which has been tasked with examining the federal, state, and local responses to Hurricane Katrina.

Now, as has been reported extensively, Brown's preparation for the job included the, umm, "interesting" position of Commissioner of the International Arabian Horse Association.

You read right: horse judge.

Looking at the transcript of the testimony, I was surprised at the amount of effort squandered by the House in impugning Brown when there was such an obvious trump card out there.

I imagined it would look something more like this,

Michael Brown: "I don't have any doubt that everybody did everything they possibly could to protect the people of New Orleans."

House Select Committee: "Sorry, horse judge, could you repeat that?"

Brown: "There was an 80 percent evacuation in New Orleans. That's a quite remarkable accomplishment."

House: "Whatever, horse judge."

Brown: "I guess you want me to be the superhero that is going to step in there and suddenly take everybody out of New Orleans."

House: "Horsejudgesayswhat?"

Brown: "What would you like for me to..."

House: "Horse judge, horse judge, horse judge!"

Brown: [pause]

Brown: Fuck you.

Shit, I would probably actually watch C-SPAN if I could see that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home