Friday, September 09, 2005

What Would You Say?


It is, of course, wonderful to hear that the musical community is rallying to the cause of helping the victims of Hurricane Katrina. When I initially heard that Dave Matthews was performing a benefit show, my thoughts were sanguine, as he still manages to perform to enthusiastic, capacity crowds. Surely, this would be nothing but a boon to the cause, right?

But then Muk Report duties kicked in, and I realized that some hack investigative journalism was in order. Looking into Matthews' song catalog, what I discovered was nothing short of, well, shocking (kind of).

And with that needlessly long introduction I present to you,

Top Ten Dave Matthews Songs That Should Not Be Performed at the Hurricane Katrina Benefit Performance

10. Gravedigger
9. Where Are You Going
8. You Might Die Trying
7. Help Myself
6. Save Me
5. Last Stop
4. Say Goodbye
3. Lie In Our Graves
2. Crash Into Me
1. Don't Drink The Water

Oh, and if Zeppelin reunites for a benefit, Captain Obvious says that "When The Levee Breaks" is out.

[KLFY]
[DMB]

3 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Cupcake said...

Good call, Muk. I'd think anything from the "Hiding Under the Table and Screaming" album should be out. That was the name of the album, right?

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

har har!

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. I wrote a similar list (about lyrics) awhile back regarding the tour bus fiasco.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home