Wednesday, June 15, 2005

What's Not For Dinner

Yum!

Remember those old episodes of Letterman where Chris Elliott would come out and eat dog food? Well, if you enjoyed that, you will most certainly get a kick out of the Steve, Don't Eat It! series on The Sneeze.

Join Steve as he samples, among other disgusting crap, pickled pork rinds, chocolate breast milk, and something called, simply, potted meat food product, about which he writes,

"The list of ingredients is long and horrifying, coming right out of the gate with "MECHANICALLY SEPARATED CHICKEN." Oddly enough, I'm about to be separated from my lunch, and I haven't even opened the can yet.

Other ingredients include BEEF TRIPE, BEEF HEARTS, AND "PARTIALLY DE-FATTED COOKED PORK FATTY TISSUE" How does one de-fat fat? Bizarre. God knows what else is in here.

Okay, I'm going to go try it now. If i'm not back in ten minutes, call Poison Control..."

In the latest installment, Steve brews and samples his own version of pruno - aka prison wine.

I recommend checking out this site at least 1-2 hours prior to your next meal. To some of you, I recommend not checking out the site at all.

Special props to LSE grad student, Sujith Kumar, for this tidbit.

(Please tell me this isn't part of your dissertation.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home